[Haskell-cafe] Re: FRP for game programming / artifical life simulation

Heinrich Apfelmus apfelmus at quantentunnel.de
Thu Apr 29 12:36:00 EDT 2010

Chris Eidhof wrote:
> I agree. This would be an extremely useful feature, not only for game
> development, but also for web development. We often use continuations
> as a way to add state to the web, but this fails for two reasons:
> whenever the server restarts, or when we scale to multiple machines.

Note that for web development, you could also store a log of client
to get some kind of persistent session. This is only suited for
lightweight use cases, of course.

I've implemented a small demonstration as part of the "operational"
package, it's the  WebSessionState.lhs  on

  http://projects.haskell.org/operational/examples.html

Regards,
Heinrich Apfelmus

--