[Haskell-cafe] Benchmarks game updated to ghc 6.12.2

Ketil Malde ketil at malde.org
Thu Apr 29 07:17:48 EDT 2010

Felipe Lessa <felipe.lessa at gmail.com> writes:

> On Thu, Apr 29, 2010 at 10:54:09AM +0200, Ketil Malde wrote:
>> Anyway - it occurs to me that this can fairly simply be sped up by
>> parallelizing: chunk the input, complement chunks in parallel, and
>> reverse.  Any takers?

> Do you mean, something like this?

Yes, that's exactly what I mean (you also need to reverse each chunk for
this particular problem).

Of course, it remains to see how well it performs in practice - it's not
something I would expect to get right at the first attempt (I haven't
used parallelism much so far).

Several of the shootout benchmarks suffer from using only one CPU, so
given Haskell/GHCs claim for easy concurrency, there should be some
relatively low-hanging fruit there.

-k