[Haskell-cafe] Re: GSoC: Improving Cabal's Test Support

Gregory Crosswhite gcross at phys.washington.edu
Wed Apr 28 13:36:04 EDT 2010

If the goal is continuous integration, perhaps it would be sufficient to require "cabal test" to return an error code of 0 if all tests succeed, and something else if any of them fail;  it can additionally print whatever output it wants in either case.  The continuous integration system would then run "cabal test" after the build, and if it succeeded (error code 0) say nothing, and if it failed (error code something else) it would report that the build failed and show the output from "cabal test" to give details to the developer.

Cheers,
Greg