[Haskell-cafe] Abstracted File Library?

Kazu Yamamoto ( 山本和彦 ) kazu at iij.ad.jp
Mon Apr 26 22:59:46 EDT 2010

Hello,

I'm implementing a command which manipulates files both on Unix/Mac
and Windows. I was very surprised because there is not
"getStatusChangeTime" function. So, I wrote it with CPP.

	http://github.com/kazu-yamamoto/Mew/blob/master/bin/hs/Stat.hs

Another problem is that since '\\' is used as the file separator of
Windows, I cannot use regular expression naturally for file path. In
many programming languages, '/' is only file separator for
programmers. And my friend, who is an expert of Windows API, says to me
that Windows API allows '/' as a file separator. Why don't we
use '/' on Windows, too?

Are there any abstracted file library to solve these problems?
Or should I start to write such a library?

--Kazu