[Haskell-cafe] Cabal generating text files?

Michał J Gajda mjgajda at gmail.com
Sun Apr 25 08:59:47 EDT 2010

Hi,

Does anyone know how to generate a text file in a Cabal package?
E.g. I want cabal to install a text file into $share_dir/applications/
app.desktop,
and fill in certain fragments of this file with paths depending of the
$share_dir variable.

Say:
==============Yi.desktop template==================
[Desktop
Entry]
Name=Yi Text
Editor
Comment=Edit text files, and add configuration in
Haskell
Comment[en_CA]=Edit text files, and configure editor in
Haskell
Comment[en_GB]=Edit text files, and configure editor in
Haskell
Comment[pl]=Edytor plików tekstowych z konfiguracją w
Haskellu
TryExec=$yi_bindir/bin/
yi
Exec=$yi_bindir/bin/yi -f