[Haskell-cafe] The instability of Haskell libraries

Ivan Lazar Miljenovic ivan.miljenovic at gmail.com
Sat Apr 24 06:17:00 EDT 2010

Roman Leshchinskiy <rl at cse.unsw.edu.au> writes:
> BTW, the versioning policy doesn't seem to even mention
> semantics. Perhaps we could add some text to the effect that it is a
> good idea to bump the version number if the semantics changes
> sufficiently even if the types don't?

Sounds like a good idea; at a guess I would think that it hasn't already
because if the semantics of a function change then in most cases
developers would either change the function name or its type at the same
time and so this situation hasn't arisen too many times (John's example
to the contrary).

--
Ivan Lazar Miljenovic
Ivan.Miljenovic at gmail.com