[Haskell-cafe] The instability of Haskell libraries

John Goerzen jgoerzen at complete.org
Fri Apr 23 22:00:03 EDT 2010

David Leimbach wrote:
> I think managers expect magic bullets and holy grails... sometimes they
> just end up with "holy cow"'s (or other more interesting 4 letter words)
> instead.

The good news for me, at least, is that *I* am the manager.  (Yep, the
company is small enough for that.)  Actually, it should be stated that
Haskell has still been a huge overall win for us, despite this.  I by no
means am contemplating a switch away from it because of this.

It must be said, too, that our core library, while perhaps less stable
than Python's, seems to me to be of a much higher quality.  Or perhaps
I'm jaded after 8 years (!) of working with imaplib.py...

-- John