[Haskell-cafe] Re: cabal: other-modules

wren ng thornton wren at freegeek.org
Sun Apr 18 17:52:12 EDT 2010

Ivan Lazar Miljenovic wrote:
> Why are people suddenly using the term "morally" when they mean "why
> doesn't this do what I think it should"?  None of its definitions seem
> to match what you mean:

The usage on this thread seems a bit nonstandard, but I'm assuming it's
based off the more general idiom of things being "morally equivalent"---
that is, things which *should* be equal because we mean for them to be
(regardless of what a particular model (e.g., a programming language) says).

In other words, with the right set of beliefs (i.e., "moral" beliefs, or
the "right" religion) they are indeed equal, but the world is violating
those beliefs somehow. The implication being that the world (model,
PL,...) should be changed, rather than the beliefs.

--
Live well,
~wren