[Haskell-cafe] building Haskell Platform for CentOS 5.2 with a /tmp mounted noexec

Chris Dornan chris at chrisdornan.com
Sun Apr 18 01:15:56 EDT 2010

I don't know whether I could have gotten away with it but was happy to go
through all the intermediate stages: it seemed the safer bet.

The building of a complete GHC bundle from source is such a major
undertaking that I really didn't want to build it with an old compiler and
lose all of the testing that goes into each GHC release.

Chris