[Haskell-cafe] Re: [Haskell] Monads Terminology Question

Bas van Dijk v.dijk.bas at gmail.com
Sat Apr 17 09:08:18 EDT 2010

On Mon, Apr 12, 2010 at 10:27 PM, Mark Snyder <muddsnyder at yahoo.com> wrote:
> So in this line of thought, where we have the operations and the control
> operators, I guess my original question wasn't aware of the distinction, and
> was looking for a name for all of them combined.  In Haskell (specifically
> in the mtl), we see them lumped together into the typeclass...

What I like about MonadLib is that they separate the operation classes
(which they call "effect classes") from the control operator classes
(which they don't really give a name but they classify them by saying
that they "perform the effects in a ``separate effect thread''"):




More information about the Haskell-Cafe mailing list