[Haskell-cafe] ghc package problem

Phyx lonetiger at gmail.com
Fri Apr 16 09:40:38 EDT 2010

For the first part

$ cat foo.hs
module Main (main) where

import Language.Haskell.Exts

main :: IO ()
main = print $ readExtensions "BangPatterns"

$ ghc --make foo.hs

foo.hs:3:8:
    Could not find module `Language.Haskell.Exts':
      Use -v to see a list of the files searched for.

So same error. This isn't just limited to HSE though, it can't find packages
like random,time etc either. Keeps reinstalling them on every cabal install.

And the second part,

Ghc-pkg check doesn't return anything, so I assume it thinks everything's
fine.

Full output of my ghc-pkg list is below, and as you can see in the user
packages, it's reinstalling every and shadowing those packages everytime. I
could just rebuild everything including the compiler and that should fix it,
but it's kinda odd that it got in this state.

$ ghc-pkg list
C:/msys/1.0/local\lib\package.conf.d:
    Cabal-1.9.0
    Win32-2.2.0.1
    array-0.3.0.0
    base-4.2.0.0
    bin-package-db-0.0.0.0
    (binary-0.5.0.2)
    bytestring-0.9.1.5
    containers-0.3.0.0
    directory-1.0.1.1
    dph-base-0.4.0
    (dph-par-0.4.0)
    (dph-prim-interface-0.4.0)
    (dph-prim-par-0.4.0)
    (dph-prim-seq-0.4.0)
    (dph-seq-0.4.0)
    extensible-exceptions-0.1.1.1
    ffi-1.0
    filepath-1.1.0.4
    ghc-6.13.20100320
    ghc-prim-0.2.0.0
    haskell98-1.0.1.1
    hpc-0.5.0.5
    integer-gmp-0.2.0.0
    old-locale-1.0.0.2
    old-time-1.0.0.4
    pretty-1.0.1.1
    process-1.0.1.2
    random-1.0.0.2
    rts-1.0
    template-haskell-2.4.0.0
    time-1.1.4

C:\Users\Phyx\AppData\Roaming\ghc\i386-mingw32-6.13.20100320\package.conf.d:
    QuickCheck-2.1.0.3
    WinDll-0.1.9
    cpphs-1.11
    ghc-paths-0.1.0.6