[Haskell-cafe] Ocaml for Haskellers tutorial

José Iborra pepeiborra at gmail.com
Fri Apr 16 06:21:21 EDT 2010

As a Haskeller who is forced to switch to Ocaml by the job market
(or at least by the job interview market), I could really use a "Ocaml for Haskellers" tutorial.

I was wondering if there are others who have been in this situation
recently and can share a few pointers, or better yet, write a blog entry
pointing to good sources of information and highlighting the pitfalls.
For instance, I have heard that Ocaml is only fast when one uses loops
instead of folds, but I wonder if this is an overstatement.
Of course due to the strict semantics of Ocaml many of the assumptions
that come from laziness will no longer be valid, but I wonder how different
is idiomatic Ocaml from idiomatic Haskell in real world.

Thanks,
pepe