[Haskell-cafe] Re: Simple game: a monad for each player

Heinrich Apfelmus apfelmus at quantentunnel.de
Wed Apr 14 11:49:44 EDT 2010

Limestraël wrote:
> I have some difficulties to see the use of PromptT, because in the tutorial,
> this type is never mentioned, and its operations (Return and :>>=) are
> instead constructors of ProgramT...
>
> Would you have some concrete examples? Because there I'm a bit lost (since
> the tutorial doesn't match the operational package as it is, because of the
> type PromptT)...

The project page

    http://projects.haskell.org/operational/

links to documentation that describes the differences to "The
Operational Monad Tutorial", in particular the new  Prompt  and  PromptT
 types. It also links to several examples. Two small examples are also
included in the Haddock documentation.

I'd like to make it very accessible, so please don't hesitate to report
any difficulties with finding and understanding documentation and examples!

Regards,
Heinrich Apfelmus

--
http://apfelmus.nfshost.com