[Haskell-cafe] What is the consensus about -fwarn-unused-do-bind ?

Antoine Latter aslatter at gmail.com
Wed Apr 14 10:15:04 EDT 2010

On Tue, Apr 13, 2010 at 9:59 PM, Max Cantor <mxcantor at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm in the camp of adding -fno-warn-unused-do-bind to my cabal files.  I hate sacrificing the purity of -Wall but I have so many forkIOs in my code that I think it was the best option.
>
> Max

I think a nice compromise position would be the ability to annotate a
function as "never trigger the unused do bind warning for me". That
way I could catch these errors when I care, but also continue to
ignore the return value of forkIO. I guess this doesn't help the
space-leak argument for the warning, however.

Antoine