[Haskell-cafe] ANN: vcd-0.0.0

Tom Hawkins tomahawkins at gmail.com
Mon Apr 12 13:51:01 EDT 2010

I uploaded a small library [1] for generating VCD files [2], which can
be viewed with waveform tools like GTKWave [3].  Though VCD is
commonly associated with Verilog simulation, at Eaton we use it to
visualize vehicle data in realtime: data is pulled off the CAN bus,
formated to VCD, then piped into GTKWave.

Most operations are in the IO monad, but if there's a better way to do
it, I'm open to suggestions.  I hope to add a simple VCD parser to the
library soon; again suggestions welcome.

-Tom

[1] http://hackage.haskell.org/package/vcd
[2] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Value_change_dump
[3] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GTKWave