[Haskell-cafe] Difficulties installing LLVM bindings

Max Bolingbroke batterseapower at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 9 18:11:23 EDT 2010

On 9 April 2010 18:38, Aran Donohue <aran.donohue at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Haskell-Cafe,
> I can't get the LLVM bindings for Haskell to install. Does anyone know what
> I might need to do? Has anyone seen this error before?
> Here's the problem: (Installing from latest darcs source)

I just tried this on my Mac and got the same problem. The problem is
described in config.log:

"""
configure:3659: g++ -o conftest -g -O2 -I/usr/local/include  -D_DEBUG
-D_GNU_SOURCE -D__STDC_LIMIT_MACROS -D__STDC_CONSTANT_MACROS  -m32
-L/usr/local/lib  -lpthread -lm    conftest.c -lLLVMCore
-lLLVMSupport -lLLVMSystem  >&5
ld: warning: in /usr/local/lib/libLLVMCore.a, file is not of required
architecture
ld: warning: in /usr/local/lib/libLLVMSupport.a, file is not of
required architecture
ld: warning: in /usr/local/lib/libLLVMSystem.a, file is not of
required architecture
Undefined symbols:
  "_LLVMModuleCreateWithName", referenced from:
      _main in cc5D6X0z.o
"""

So perhaps LLVM needs to be built universal or something?

Cheers,
Max