[Haskell-cafe] Re: GSoC: Hackage 2.0

Job Vranish job.vranish at gmail.com
Fri Apr 9 10:53:25 EDT 2010

On Fri, Apr 9, 2010 at 10:31 AM, Edward Kmett <ekmett at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Apr 9, 2010 at 10:21 AM, Job Vranish <job.vranish at gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> On Fri, Apr 9, 2010 at 9:46 AM, Ivan Lazar Miljenovic <
>> ivan.miljenovic at gmail.com> wrote:

>>> You mean turn every hackage project page into a mini wiki?
>>>
>> Yep.
>>

> How would such annotations/snippets/changes react to the next release of
> the package? Would they be per-package? per version?
>
> -Edward Kmett

Yeah that's the sticky part.

I think I would make comments only apply only to the version of the package
they were submitted to, and then make it the package maintainers
responsibility to potentially update the hard documentation with the more
useful comments when he/she releases the next version.

This keeps the comments up to date, and helps prevent things from getting
too clogged up with junk comments.

It would also be nice to provide an easy way for maintainers to copy
comments from older versions to newer ones, but this is a bit more tricky to
implement.

- Job