[Haskell-cafe] Confusions about the Haskell Platform (for Mac)

Malcolm Wallace malcolm.wallace at cs.york.ac.uk
Wed Apr 7 17:57:22 EDT 2010

>> I would consider that a serious bug.
>
> "Lacking a feature I would consider essential" /= "a bug" in my
> opinion,
> especially when the desirability of the feature is in question.

It is not merely that a feature is lacking.  Removing software from my
machine without my knowledge or permission is just wrong.  (I was
bitten by this once before, with a ghc installer for Mac.  It removed
the previous working ghc, without telling me.  Then I discovered that
a library I needed could not be compiled by the new version of ghc.
The old ghc installer then refused to delete the new ghc and revert to
the old one, because it could not imagine why anyone would want to
"downgrade".)

Regards,
     Malcolm