[Haskell-cafe] Re: Haskell.org re-design

Simon Michael simon at joyful.com
Wed Apr 7 13:33:45 EDT 2010

On 4/7/10 9:53 AM, Thomas Schilling wrote:
> Yup, I have to agree.  The Ruby web site certainly is the best web
> site for a programming language that I've come across, but it's
> certainly not "amazing".  I like the python documentation design, but
> their home page is a bit dull.  Anyway, here's another variation, this
> time with more colour:
>
> http://i.imgur.com/Lj3xM.png

This is not as simple as your first which I responded to, but it's rather nice!

Quibbles, I would try to:

- make the brown image full width, like the page header - re-establish the clear top and bottom division

- lose or deemphasize as much as possible the blue background of the blurb text - I know why it's there but it's way
ugly at present

- lose the italics in the blurb text, or make it all italic

- bring back the serif font ?