[Haskell-cafe] Re: Haskell.org re-design

Iavor Diatchki iavor.diatchki at gmail.com
Wed Apr 7 03:49:25 EDT 2010

Hi everyone,

thanks for your efforts to improve the site!  To be honest, I don't
really like the current design, so here are some suggestions that
might help:

* I find the color scheme a bit bleak;  I'd prefer something more colorful.
* Some graphics might improve the overall style.
* We need to be more consistent in the use of fonts: the current
design has text in almost all combinations of blue, black, orange,
bold, italic, and normal, and at least 3 different font sizes.  This
makes the page complex and somewhat disorganized.
* I realized that this is just a mock-up but there seems to be a lot
of duplication in the content (e.g., multiple links to the Haskell
platform, online interpreter, hackage, GHC).  Avoiding unnecessary
duplication might lead to a simpler and more organized page.
* It would be nice if the page layout provided more visual cues to
separate the bits of the page that are likely to change a lot (e.g.,
news & events) from the more static bits (e.g., downloads,
documentation, community resources, etc.).  Perhaps the more static
bits could be factored into some kind of menu?

Hope that this helps,