[Haskell-cafe] Re: GSoC: Improving Cabal's Test Support

Gregory Crosswhite gcross at phys.washington.edu
Tue Apr 6 22:12:10 EDT 2010

As I understand it, there is only one place in the Cabal package where *build* dependencies appear, in contrast to lines in the Library and Executable sections where the *install* dependencies appear (i.e., you might not need all of the build dependences around merely to use the library or programs).  So there would need to be a way of specifying in the .cabal file in a convenient way (i.e., hopefully without having the package writer manually specify conditionals) that some of the *build* dependencies only apply if one is building the test packages.

Cheers,
Greg