[Haskell-cafe] Re: Hackage accounts and real names

Ketil Malde ketil at malde.org
Tue Apr 6 07:07:34 EDT 2010

David House <dmhouse at gmail.com> writes:

> Let me summarise the main arguments against the restriction:

> 1. It stops people from contributing [..]
> 2. Inconsistency [..]
> 3. Privacy issues [..]

4. It inteferes with people's freedom - who has the right to dictate what
name a person (or, for that matter, a group of people) should be known
as?

5. It encourages dishonesty: if you want to contribute but not reveal
your real name, you have the option to lie about it, and can be fairly
confident your lie will never be called.

+1 for allowing nicks.

-k