[Haskell-cafe] Hackage accounts and real names

Jonas Almström Duregård jonas.duregard at gmail.com
Mon Apr 5 12:24:45 EDT 2010

> In addition, the concept is rather silly, as one can just take a
> pseudonym without any of us knowing:

When I registered I was prompted to verify my identity by means of my
university email (as opposed to my gmail account), which would
complicate using a pseudonym.

This being said, I have no problem with this restriction. In fact,
trying to determine the origin of code before agreeing to distribute
it sounds like sound procedure.

Perhaps a good compromise would be the ability to hide the uploader on
the public website (thus preventing data mining)?  From a users
perspective, the "Uploaded by" field of Hackage packages is somewhat
redundant in the presence of "Maintainer" and "Author" etc.

/Jonas