[Haskell-cafe] Time for a San Francisco Hackathon?

Mark Lentczner markl at glyphic.com
Sat Apr 3 18:59:31 EDT 2010

On Feb 11, 2010, at 10:00 PM, Bryan O'Sullivan wrote:
> I'm thinking it might be a good idea to organise a Haskell Hackathon for people in (and who'd like to visit) the Bay Area.

I'm still up for this - are others?

On Feb 11, 2010, at 10:46 PM, Don Stewart wrote:
> Interesting. We were planning a PDX one for late April.

May 1st is just four weeks away, so seems a little close. Also seems close if the PDX event is still on (is it?). If so - weekend of May 22nd? or June 5th?

> If you'd be interested in attending or helping to organise,

Aside from helping secure a space, I'd be happy to help. In particular, I think it would be cool to offer a Haskell "teach-in". Something like a half day, perhaps at one of the hacker locations, where we teach intro-Haskell with some slides, some talking, and lots of Haskell folks walking around to help people 1-on-1. We get them to install Haskell Platform, and write a few functions, and then perhaps something tiny bit bigger...

Thoughts?
	- Mark

Mark Lentczner
http://www.ozonehouse.com/mark/