[Haskell-cafe] Immix GC as a Soc proposal

Marco Túlio Gontijo e Silva marcot at debian.org
Thu Apr 1 17:00:09 EDT 2010

Hi.

I've written a Google Summer of Code proposal for implementing the Immix
Garbage Collector in GHC[0].  It's not on dons list of the 8 most important
projects[1], but I only saw that list after the proposal is done.  I'd like to
hear comments about it, specially about its relevance, since it's not on the
list of 8.

0: http://www2.dcc.ufmg.br/laboratorios/llp/wiki/doku.php?do=show&id=marco_soc
1: http://donsbot.wordpress.com/2010/04/01/the-8-most-important-haskell-org-gsoc-projects/

I'm planning to write another proposal, maybe about "LLVM Performance Study",
"LLVM Cross Compiler", "A Package Versioning Policy Checker" or "“cabal
test”", if mentors think they're more relevant than my current proposal.
Please let me know if this is the case.

Greetings.
--
marcot