[Haskell-cafe] Re: GSOC Haskell Project

Thomas Schilling nominolo at googlemail.com
Thu Apr 1 13:58:06 EDT 2010

On 1 Apr 2010, at 18:39, Mihai Maruseac wrote:

> Hmm, interesting. If I intend to give it a try, will there be a mentor
> for a GSOC project? Or should I start doing it alone?

I'm sure Simon Marlow could mentor you except maybe if there are too many GHC-related GSoC projects.  I could do mentor this as well.  Or maybe Max.  I don't think finding a mentor will be a problem.

GHC's runtime stack actually uses the same data layout for both stack and heap objects, so you might be able to extend unpackClosure# to build something like Vacuum[1] (or extend it).

[1]: http://moonpatio.com/vacuum/