[Haskell-cafe] [OT?] Haskell-inspired functions for BASH

Jeremy Shaw jeremy at n-heptane.com
Thu Apr 1 13:10:40 EDT 2010

On Thu, Apr 1, 2010 at 10:59 AM, Gwern Branwen <gwern0 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Apr 1, 2010 at 11:13 AM, Jeremy Shaw <jeremy at n-heptane.com> wrote:
> > fps is what we now call bytestring. Alas, hsplugins is dead. hsplugins is
> > useful, but needs to be rewritten for modern GHC :(
> > - jeremy
>
> I never looked into hsplugins too carefully. Did it offer anything
> that Hint doesn't now offer?

The ability to load and unload compiled code in a running application?
Perhaps hint offers that now ?

Specifically, I believe you could have a function 'foo', and you could load
a new version of 'foo' while the programming was running, and the running
code would start using the new version instead.. I can't quite remember the
details though. 'runtime linking' might be a term to describe it..

- jeremy