[Haskell-cafe] ANNOUNCE: vty-ui 0.1

Jonathan Daugherty drcygnus at gmail.com
Wed Sep 30 00:35:31 EDT 2009

vty-ui is:

An extensible library of user interface widgets for composing and
laying out Vty user interfaces. This library provides a collection of
widgets and a type class for rendering widgets to Vty Images.

Get it from Hackage:

  http://hackage.haskell.org/package/vty-ui

Or get the source with darcs:

  http://repos.codevine.org/vty-ui

This package is motivated by the desire to create terminal user
interfaces easily without having to worry about doing all of the
structural book-keeping that so often comes with such an approach.

Future releases will probably include more widget composition tools,
more interesting widgets, and helper code for building interesting
things.  For now, the library contains some basic widgets (including
horizontal and vertical box layout) and a List widget.  See the
vty-ui-demo program and source for an interactive demonstration of the
available widgets.  Future releases may also address performance, as I
honestly don't have a very clear idea of how well my approach is going
to scale for non-trivial interfaces.

Please don't hesitate to send patches, feedback, and criticism
directly to me at drcygnus AT gmail DOT com.

Lastly, thanks a ton to the authors of Vty.  It's a pleasure to use.

Enjoy!

--
  Jonathan Daugherty