[Haskell-cafe] Cal, Clojure, Groovy, Haskell, OCaml, etc.

Job Vranish jvranish at gmail.com
Tue Sep 29 16:12:48 EDT 2009

 Andrew Coppin <andrewcoppin at btinternet.com> wrote:

> how do we fix all this?

I think the key here is to reduce the cost of contribution to a minimum.
Make it as easy as possible to contribute an example, or to fill in some
missing documentation (and to find it later).

Cabal and hackage have made it very easy to contribute and fetch packages
and I think this is the primary reason why there are so many hackage
packages. We need to make it even easier to contribute documentation.

I think having some haddock/wiki system that allowed user contributions
which could be displayed alongside the official package dos and an easy way
for package maintainers to incorporate the user supplied documentation into
the official package documentation would be very helpful.

To sum up:
1.  Make it stupidly easy to contribute documentation, notes, comments,
examples
2.  Make sure all of this good stuff can be easily accessed in one place.

- Job

On Tue, Sep 29, 2009 at 3:36 PM, Andrew Coppin