[Haskell-cafe] Library docs glitch

Andrew Coppin andrewcoppin at btinternet.com
Tue Sep 29 15:41:42 EDT 2009

Andrew Coppin wrote:
> While some of the stuff that comes with GHC is quite well documented,
> others are highly under-documented. (As an exercise, go count how many
> module descriptions say "inspired by the paper by XXX at this URL"...)

Somewhat related: If I click on Control.Monad.Error, I get... an error.
File not found, to be exact.

It seems that the Haddock page is expecting this module to be in
doc/libraries/ghc-mtl, when it is in fact in doc/libraries/mtl. I don't
know if this glitch is Windows-specific, but everything in the ghc-mtl
package appears to be broken. (So... most of Control.Monad then.) I have
GHC 6.10.3; is this already a known problem? Or is my installation
broken somehow?