[Haskell-cafe] Re: Doing people's homework?

Maurí­cio CA mauricio.antunes at gmail.com
Tue Sep 29 09:34:58 EDT 2009

>> If you do a student's homework, you are cheating that student out of
>> an education.

> Personally, I tend to find "exercises" without access to the answers a
> poor way to learn. You'll learn more from a well crafted example than
> you ever will by struggling at something yourself.

In these lines, the homework policy could be extended to contain
great solutions to all typical homework tasks. Teachers could
build on that by instructing students to study and use such solutions to
solve other tasks. Bonus could be given to students who could find
even better solutions than those in the page, maybe with exponencial
prizes like Knuth's checks :)

Best,
Maurício