[Haskell-cafe] Doing people's homework?

Iain Barnett iainspeed at gmail.com
Tue Sep 29 07:04:38 EDT 2009

On 29 Sep 2009, at 03:19, Casey Hawthorne wrote:

> If you do a student's homework, you are cheating that student out of
> an education.
>
> He/She may realize that toooo late in the future.
> --
> Regards,
> Casey

I'm not sure I agree with that. If they're old enough to be doing
Haskell homework then they're old enough to make their own decisions
and take the consequences of that. As they might say in Calvinist
Scotland, "Let the child play with the knife, they'll soon learn" :)

Personally, I tend to find "exercises" without access to the answers
a poor way to learn. You'll learn more from a well crafted example
than you ever will by struggling at something yourself.

Regards
Iain