[Haskell-cafe] Referring to Prelude.(++)

Terry Hayes tdchayes at pacbell.net
Thu Sep 24 20:59:32 EDT 2009

I'd like to redefine (++) so that it works on a more general class of "lists" (ListOf a).  To do this, I found that I can import the Prelude hiding the definition of (++).  Then I want to make [] an instance of ListOf, and have the (++) function call the built-in Prelude.(++).

My problem is that I can't figure out how to call the built-in function.  Just using "Prelude.(++)" doesn't seem to work in the way that "Prelude.foldl" would (for example).

Any ideas?

Terry