[Haskell-cafe] Haddock and literate Haskell: annotations must be marked as source?

Duncan Coutts duncan.coutts at worc.ox.ac.uk
Thu Sep 24 13:28:02 EDT 2009

On Thu, 2009-09-24 at 17:49 +0100, Andy Gimblett wrote:

> So: am I right that this is the intended/expected behaviour?  If not,
> how does one get round it?  If so, could someone perhaps comment on
> the prospects/complexity of implementing this - or the reasons why it
> is in fact a bad idea?

As Brad says, we implemented this in Cabal by doing a non-standard
"unlit" operation. So cabal haddock will "do the right thing" for your
examples. Running haddock directly and letting it do the unlitting will
get different results.

If the consensus is that the style of unliting that Cabal is doing is
generally "the right thing" then perhaps we can standardise it and have
ghc/haddock do it directly.

Duncan