[Haskell-cafe] Status of GHC as a Cross Compiler

Duncan Coutts duncan.coutts at worc.ox.ac.uk
Wed Sep 23 16:41:56 EDT 2009

On Wed, 2009-09-23 at 14:50 -0400, John Van Enk wrote:
> Hi,
>
> This may be more appropriate for a different list, but I'm having a
> hard time figuring out whether or not we're getting a cross compiler
> in 6.12 or not. Can some one point me to the correct place in Traq to
> find this information?

We're getting slightly closer but it's not even nearly there yet.

You might have read about the changes in the native code generator
towards building all backends on each platform. However there are a lot
of other changes needed especially in the build system to make a full
cross-compiler. I know some people have worked on this for ARM but
there's nothing integrated yet.

Duncan