[Haskell-cafe] Got it working, now trying to abstract it

Günther Schmidt gue.schmidt at web.de
Wed Sep 23 07:29:10 EDT 2009

Hi all,

I'm finished with my implementation, an app that analyses financial data
for budgeting. But there are no abstractions in my code whatsoever,
everything is coded exactly to the point.

So now that I'm done I'd like to start it over, this time using far more
abstractions than I have, I was thinking along the lines of creating a DSL
for it first.

The aspects I have to consider are two-fold:

	ETL-ish - I need to assemble the "records" from a set of csv files
	BI-ish  - I need then to group, filter and aggregate the data.

I've come across "How to write a financial contract" S. Peyton Jones in
the "fun of programming" and it gives me some ideas on how to go about the
BI-ish part of the application.

Does anyone know of a DSL example which could fit the bill?

Günther