[Haskell-cafe] help with cabal; trying to escape from configuration hell

S. Doaitse Swierstra doaitse at cs.uu.nl
Tue Sep 22 11:13:16 EDT 2009

I am trying to run happstack on my Mac, but unfortunately I am getting
error messages as described in:

The cure seems to be to downgrade to network-, but
unfortunately my installed cabal depends on network-

I tried to re-install happstack using:

cabal install happstack --reinstall --constraint="network=="

but unfortunately the ghc happily reports to link against

Can someone rescue me?