[Haskell-cafe] line intersection code

staafmeister g.c.stavenga at uu.nl
Mon Sep 21 08:32:34 EDT 2009

Hi,

I wrote a O(n log n) line segment intersection code. Couple of questions

1) I did not find such a library on hackage (at least google gave no
results:)),
and I notice a lot of people submit packages. Would there be any interest
to submit this code (would give incentive to make the code cleaner)

2) In the algo I needed a balanced binary tree, but with a compare function
that changes with each iteration. Is there a balanced binary tree available
that give more freedom in specifying the compare function. Data.Set does
not have this option (I think). Using unsafePerformIO to change the compare
function seemed a little bit ugly.