[Haskell-cafe] code-build-test cycle

Job Vranish jvranish at gmail.com
Fri Sep 18 11:43:11 EDT 2009

Yeah linking in windows is _very_ slow. Supposedly this is because the
linker forks a lot of processes. In linux this is fine as forking is dirt
cheap, but in windows (at least older versions, not completely sure about
vista or 7) forking is expensive.

Building a Qt app on my EEE in linux only takes a couple seconds. Building
in windows on my dual core 3.2Ghz machine takes 15-30 seconds.  It's pretty
sad.

I second Bulat's suggestion. If you can compile everything and just use ghci
to avoid the link you should be able to get the best of both works.

- Job

On Fri, Sep 18, 2009 at 12:34 AM, Bulat Ziganshin <bulat.ziganshin at gmail.com