[Haskell-cafe] Re: Where can I find a non-fee-based version of Hudak's paper, "Conception, evolution, and application of functional programming languages"?

Benjamin L.Russell DekuDekuplex at Yahoo.com
Fri Sep 18 02:42:48 EDT 2009

On Thu, 17 Sep 2009 15:32:51 +0000 (GMT), jean legrand
<kkwweett at yahoo.fr> wrote:

>> Does anybody know where I can find a non-fee-based version of Paul
>> Hudak's paper, "Conception, evolution, and application of functional
>> programming languages" [1]?  There used to be a version that did not
>
>seems you can get a djvu copy here
>
>http://lib.org.by/info/Cs_Computer science/CsPl_Programming languages/Hudak P. Conception, evolution, and application of functional programming languages (ACM comp.surveys 21, 1989)(T)(53s).djvu
>
>the site is in Russian and you wait 30s before a link to the file appears.

Thank you for the link.

Actually, I had encountered this site earlier, but it had caused my
browser to hang, and I had been unable to download the file earlier.

For some reason, control-clicking the button to download thirty
seconds after visiting the site only causes the thirty-second-waiting
process to repeat in another tab, where the button must be clicked (as
opposed to control-clicked) thereafter in order to cause a download in
the same tab.

Then the .djvu-suffixed file downloads, but viewing the file requires
installing a DjVu file viewer; I downloaded and installed DjVuLibre
3.5.22+DjView 4.5 from SourceForge at
http://sourceforge.net/projects/djvu/files/DjVuLibre_Windows/3.5.22%2B4.5/DjVuLibre%2BDjView-3.5.22%2B4.5-Setup.exe/download.

Then the file opens.  The file is approximately 731 KB, as opposed to
5.067 MB for the PDF version of the same content (available by
clicking on the "CACHED" button at CiteSeerX at
http://citeseerx.ist.psu.edu/viewdoc/summary?doi=10.1.1.83.6505).

The image quality appears identical.

-- Benjamin L. Russell
http://dekudekuplex.wordpress.com/