[Haskell-cafe] Re: A thought about liberating Haskell's syntax

Gregory Propf gregorypropf at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 16 21:30:36 EDT 2009

I just rejoined the list and am a bit new to things here anyway but this sounds a lot Lisp's old macro system a little. I'm guessing you're not proposing runtime execution of runtime generated code though.  I don't know much about Lisp internals but I suspect Lisp runtimes are quite different from any in Haskell.  Which leads to my real question - is there any talk of runtime compilation and execution capability in any of the extension proposals?  Or would that crap all over Haskell's reputation for reliable execution?