[Haskell-cafe] Haskell -> .NET

Peter Verswyvelen bugfact at gmail.com
Wed Sep 16 10:21:28 EDT 2009

Yes, but interop only touches the surface of what is possible.

When a Haskell compiler could create IL code, it would be possible to
use the generated code inside a sandbox, e.g. to be used on the web as
loadable Silverlight code.

Of course the same could be said about other virtual machines, such as
Flash or Java, but I don't know about the tail call issue here.

I guess for now F# would be the best option, but it would be awesome
if Haskell compilers could have more backends.

I realize this is a very big undertaking, and has been mentioned
before, but it doesn't hurt to refresh the cache lines once in a
while, so maybe some bright student picks this up and hacks together
something cool during the summer :)