[Haskell-cafe] Building a monoid, continuation-passing style

Martijn van Steenbergen martijn at van.steenbergen.nl
Wed Sep 16 07:07:47 EDT 2009

David Menendez wrote:
> I'm reminded of the parameterized monad of continuations that Oleg
> mentioned a few years back.
>
> <http://www.haskell.org/pipermail/haskell/2007-December/020034.html>

This is all very interesting, thank you both for the pointers!

I was trying to get rid of the newtypes but couldn't think of how to do
that. I can't believe the solution now is as simple as (m -> r) -> a.
There's hardly any code left, now.

The fact that it all exists already is nice on the one hand and sad on
the other. :-)

I will have to look into parametrized monads and parametrized applicatives.

Thanks again,

Martijn.