[Haskell-cafe] Re: ANNOUNCE: A Levenberg-Marquardt implementation

Maurí­cio CA mauricio.antunes at gmail.com
Mon Sep 14 10:53:47 EDT 2009

>> Yes. It works this way. Tested in debian and old fedora

> Thank you for testing. I have just released bindings-levmar- on
> hackage. It simply replaces pkgconfig-depends with extra-libraries. I
> hope this solves the installation problems.

Debian maintainer was willing to add pkg-config to lapack package:

However, he and also Tollef (pkg-config maintainer) believe it's a
better idea to add it to upstream package:

Unless you think that extra-libraries is a good long term
solution, I'll still investigate on how to add pkg-config
generation to configuration scripts and try to send a sugestion
with a patch to maintainers of libraries wrapped in bindings-*.
Although I don't know exactly how that patch should exactly be...