[Haskell-cafe] why these two are not equivalent?

Iavor Diatchki iavor.diatchki at gmail.com
Mon Sep 14 00:57:50 EDT 2009

(argh, sorry about that, I pressed something and gmail sent my
unfinished email!)

On Sun, Sep 13, 2009 at 9:54 PM, Iavor Diatchki
<iavor.diatchki at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> It seems that the problem is the site is using GHC 6.6.1, and
> something was broken at the time (I have not looked into what that
> is).
> Here are the outputs that I get for the little example on the site
> that you posted:
>
> GHC 6.10.3 and C++:

03 10103538 2222 1233 6160 0141  1
03 10103538 2222 1233 6160 0142  1
30 10103538 2222 1233 6160 0141  2
30 10103538 2222 1233 6160 0142  2

30 10103538 2222 1233 6160 0142  1
30 10103538 2222 1233 6160 0143  1
30 10103538 2222 1233 6160 0144  1
30 10103538 2222 1233 6160 0145  1
30 10103538 2222 1233 6160 0146  1

With GHC 6.6.1:
03 10103538 2222 1233 6160 0141  1
03 10103538 2222 1233 6160 0142  1
30 10103538 2222 1233 6160 0141  2
30 10103538 2222 1233 6160 0142  2

30 10103538 2222 1233 6160 0142  1
30 10103538 2222 1233 6160 0143  1
30 10103538 2222 1233 6160 0145  1
30 10103538 2222 1233 6160 0146  1

Note that in the second test case one line is missing, the one ending in 44.

-Iavor