[Haskell-cafe] Re: ANNOUNCE: A Levenberg-Marquardt implementation

Maurí­cio CA mauricio.antunes at gmail.com
Thu Sep 10 20:28:51 EDT 2009

 > Our binding consists of three packages:
 >
 > * http://hackage.haskell.org/package/bindings-levmar-0.1

Which were the changes you needed to do to the library code? I
believe this is going to cause you two problems: maintenance (as
you can't always be sure the patched version didn't introduce a
bug) and license (as levmar is GPL. You can't distribute it linked
to non GPL code).

 > * http://hackage.haskell.org/package/levmar-0.1

Cool.

Don't you think the type level natural numbers deserve their own
package?

 > Unfortunately the documentation of these libraries is not
 > available from hackage because bindings-levmar won't configure
 > because of a missing dependency (lapack) on the hackage server.

I'll try to write you a patch to solve that after I study better
your code.

Best,
Maurício