[Haskell-cafe] Parallel parsing & multicore

Anakim Border akborder at gmail.com
Wed Sep 9 10:42:55 EDT 2009

> Very interesting idea!
>
> I think the big thing would be to measure it with GHC HEAD so you can
> see how effectively the sparks are being converted into threads.
>
> Is there a package and test case somewhere we can try out?

At this point the parser is just a proof of concept. For those brave
enough, however, I've put the code on github:

http://github.com/akborder/HsMakefileParser/

The "test.mk" file provides some test cases. To get an input big
enough to measure multiple thread performances, you can concatenate
that file a few thousand times: the timings in my previous message
were obtained parsing a 3000x concatenation (final size: 1.1 MB).