[Haskell-cafe] ANNOUNCE: uvector-algorithms 0.2
dan.doel at gmail.com
Tue Sep 8 15:41:02 EDT 2009
It is my pleasure to announce version 0.2 of the uvector-algorithms package.
The package so far has implementations of several sorting and selection
algorithms for use on the mutable arrays from the uvector library, as well as
combinators for applying them to immutable arrays.
New developments in this version include:
- A simple benchmarking program for testing the performance of the
algorithms (it's what I use to measure them, but I only have one
computer to run it on, so perhaps other folks might want to see
how it works on their machine)
- A testing program, written with quick check to verify properties
of the algorithms
- Several bugs found and fixed due to the above tests and using HPC
to verify good program coverage
- Combinators for Schwartzian transform
- Reworking radix sort to be more amenable to optimization. It's now
around twice as fast.
- A Radix instance for strict pairs, and a radix sortBy
- Merge sort is now slightly faster due to memcpy in uvector :)
The library can be found at hackage:
or in its darcs repository:
As always, I can be notified of any issues.
More information about the Haskell-Cafe