[Haskell-cafe] Cabal install on Windows 7

Peter Verswyvelen bugfact at gmail.com
Tue Sep 8 10:17:20 EDT 2009

Ouch, right, I forgot the default is global. It works fine with cabal
install --user. And of course I could have edited the default config
file, setting user-install: True

Well, maybe for newbies this might be a bit confusing.

Typically, under Windows Vista or 7 when you try to install something
that requires admin rights, you get a popup window asking if it's okay
to do so. Would be great to have this support built into Cabal?