[Haskell-cafe] haskelldb and Debian

Justin Bailey jgbailey at gmail.com
Mon Sep 7 15:51:15 EDT 2009

Joachim,

I am maintaing the haskelldb package and it is definitely alive and well. I
don't have a Debian install to test on, but I am glad to help get things
compiling. See my detailed answers below:

On Mon, Sep 7, 2009 at 11:04 AM, Joachim Breitner <nomeata at debian.org>wrote:

>  * Are the haskelldb-hsql-* and haskelldb-dynamic packages still
> maintained? If so, is there a release expected soon? If not, we will
> have to remove these from Debian.

These are not maintained any more.

>  * Without the hsql-* packages, the haskelldb package itself is useless,
> correct? So we need to package the hdbc series. Are these maintained
> actively?

Yes, the haskelldb-hdbc is still maintained and will continue to be as much
as I am able. I belive I updated at least haskelldb-hdbc and
haskelldb-hdbc-postgres to work with the 2.0 release of HDBC.

Like I said, I don't have a Debian install readily accessible to build these
but I am glad to help. If need be, I am sure I can get a VM image and build
myself but finding the time coudl be hard.

>  * Anything else to consider?
>
> I guess just making sure haskelldb-hdbc and haskelldb-hdbc-postgres builds
against the latest haskell platform release.

Justin

p.s. Please send replies only to haskelldb-users.